Hello everyone! It’s Saturday once again and every time Saturday comes rolling around the corner I’m usually busy preparing some yummy yummy breakfast . This weekend I’ll be sharing my very own version of the braided bread but . . . with a “twist!” I believe I started making this dish way back in college and it’s been a hit with my family ever since. Instead of pastry dough I simply use bread dough to make it much easier and healthy . It’s also faster to prepare and I just want to reduce amount of butter that we usually use in pastry dough. If you want crunch then you can use ready made pastry dough. You can basically incorporate whatever stuffing you like into this recipe. Feel free to substitute any kind of vegetable you wish or mix it up with your favorite ingredients and spices. But when I make these, most of the time, I just use whatever ingredient is available at that moment. This recipe looks complicated and that’s what makes it awesome and your guests will think you went through all that trouble to prepare something amazingly good!! But it really is easy and simple. I took some photos while I was making these so hopefully you’ll have a visual idea of how this thing goes. Without further delay, I present to you . . . Vegetarian Stuffed Braided Bread. Enjoy your weekend with this braided bread .
1/4 cup lukewarm water,1/2 tsp sugar
2 tsp heaped dried yeast(10 gm)
1 teacup milk ,11/2 tbsp refined oil, 1 tsp salt ,
1 tsp sugar, 300 gms or 3 packed cup maida(plain flour)
3 tomatoes-blanched and chopped finely
1/4 cup ready made tomato puree
4-5 flakes garlic - crushed, 1 tsp dried oregano
1 bay leaf, 1/2 tsp vinegar ,3/4 tsp salt,
and 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper ,or to taste , 1 tbsp oil
100 gm paneer/ cottage cheese crushed, 1/2 cup grated cheese
oven temp-180oC time - 15 min
- mix warm water and sugar in a cup water should be lukewarm now add yeast mix it and cover it,keep in a warm place till the granules swells.
- now mix milk ,oil salt and sugar in a pan .keep aside heat this milk mix to make it lukewarm ,add both the mixture
- add this yest and milk mixture to the maida / plain flour and knead well to make a smooth dough with a little oil and keep in warm place to swell for 1 hr or till double the size . now punch it down to its original size, brush with oil and keep it in polythene for another 15 min or till swell again. keep aside
- to prepare tomato sauce heat oil in a pan add garlic .
- stir and add all other ingredients except cheese and paneer bring to a boil ,lower heat and simmer on low heat for 10 min stir occasionally until it is reduced in quantity and thick enough to spread now add finally chopped paneer in it
- make small balls of a dough roll out a little and flatten each on a 10" square sheet with a knife make vertical slanting slits on both sides of sheet put filling in middle top it with cheese and fold all the slits one by one ot cover the filling
- bake in a preheated oven at 180oC for 15 min