Skip to main content

VERMICELLI UPMA/ VERMICELLI WITH NUTS AND SPICES


Vermicelli upma


Vermicelli upma one of my favorite breakfast I love the way my mom and grandma use to cook this delicacy of south superb flavor of curry leaves and coconut, spicy  ,tangy , tasty and ya crunchy also because of peanuts and cashew some time she use to make it with vegetables also but I like it this way you also try this and tell me how you like this spicy treat……..


Ingredients:-

Roasted vermicelli…………..1 cup ”I prefer bambino but you can use any type “
Onion chopped……2
Peanuts…………….1/4 tea cup
Cashew nuts……….10
Raisins…………….7-8
Green chilli………….2
Red chilly dry.....…..2
Urad dal/split white lintel …………….1 tbsp
Mustard seeds……1 tsp
Black pepper whole……3-4
Salt as per taste
Red chilly powder…as required
Lemon juice………2 tsp
Coriander leaves…for garnishing
Oil………1 tbsp

Method:-

Heat oil in a pan add dal ,red chilly , carry leave and mustard seeds and stir till light brown in colour ,add peanuts and cashew nuts in it stir for 1 min add chopped onion and sauté , add salt and red chilly powder in it and stir again now add roasted vermicelli in it stir well add 2 cup of water in it and cook for 4 to5 min or till dry now put resins in it and juice of half lemon mix well and garnish with green coriander and grated coconut serve hot…  

Comments

too good piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my friend veni, bangalore,i have read atleast 11 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your web-page gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new post, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards,
Semiya upma
minal sharma said…
Thanks a lot varalakshmi

Popular posts from this blog

Oats dosa with drumsticks sambhar

Oates Dosa

Health is wealth .....it is really important to be fit and healthy. I realised that, some change in lifestyle can help in maintaining a balanced diet. To apply it in daily routine...I have started a Diet food series.
There's nothing more inviting than hot South Indian breakfast: strong filter coffee, piping hot drumstick sambher with little bits of coconut, tasty coconut chutney gunpowder and golden-crisp Dosa! I love dosas and in fact I'm planning to make one today in breakfast. And it's not just because they taste divine but also because they're really fun to make: Right from grinding down the urad dal and rice, letting the white stuff ferment to running your ladle through the batter checking for lumps, it's almost therapeutic. After your pour the batter down a hot sizzling pan, even the wait to figure whether the dosa will stick or not is a delicious feeling....Dosa with healthy twist will make this delicious treat more interesting. My dietitian sugges…

Gur chana / jaggery coated roasted chickpeas

Very tasty, crunchy yet healthy snack for kids, full of protein . I often make this crunchy delight for munching. 
 Jaggery Coated roasted chickpeas 


Ingredients:

GURWALE SHALGAM ( SWEET AND TANGY TURNIPS) punjabi style

Turnips are called Shalgam in Punjabi/Hindi, Gonglu in Punjabi and Gogji in Kashmiri. They are mild in taste and absorb spices well. We love it in various forms. Shalgam is a winter vegetable and is a popular recipe from Punjabi cuisine. Shalgam (Turnip) belongs to the radish family. Shalgam ki sabzi is very good for health as it is very low in calories and fat, and a good source of fiber and several vitamins like Vitamin C, Vitamin B, VitaminB3, Vitamin B6. Gur is Hindi/Punjabi for jaggery.  This creamy version from Punjab is one of our favourites.
This recipe is from my mother in law's cook book , my mom In law was an excellent cook and being a panjabi, her excellency was panjabi cuisine. She was excellent at cooking all panjabi dishes like sarson ka saag, makkai ki roti, gur ke chawal  or any vegetable like turnip or kormas, . I have learnt almost all panjabi dishes from her and I really wanted to thank her for that , today whatever I make related to punjab reminds me of her . Lov…