These roasted potatoes are very simple to make, my daughters gave a little twist to simple roasted potatoes by adding a topping on them but believe me it turned out extremely good , i always encourage my daughters to try out something different with their own ideas and imaginations they always surprised me with more tastier and innovative dishes do you also do that ???must share some of your little ones creations with me ..
SIMPLE ROASTED POTATOES
1 kg of potatoes
1 tsp butter
2 clove garlic
For topping :
1 cup grated cheese
1 big onion
1 big tomatoes
2 green chilies
Mix herbs as required
1.Wash Potatoes properly ( proper cleaning is really very important as we are using potatoes with peel) .Cut potatoes in half lengthwise in thin slices so that potatoes can stand firmly on the ground
(be careful not to cut till the end-potatoes must remain in one piece)
2. Heat water in a pan and put potatoes for boiling .
3. Par boil potatoes with salt. check with knife when half done and ready for baking.
|In oven for first roast|
4. Mix melted butter, olive oil, garlic and parsley together and pour over the potatoes. Make sure that mixture enters between slices of potato.Roast in oven for 10-15 min .at 200`c
5. Make a mixture of grated cheese , onion , green chili and tomatoes add mix seasoning ' herbs of your choice ' and topped potatoes with this mixture so that it enters between slices of potatoes .
6. Bake in oven till cheese melts and turn golden brown , serve hot with soup n garlic bread.
For your indian taste buds..can sprinkle chat masala too