Stuffed capsicum is one of my favorites . Green bell peppers combined with spiced up potatoes and baked with a dollop of butter, gives out delectable flavors. I make stuffed capsicum as a side dish with any meal .
I really love the flavor of bell peppers in any form I make so many dishes out of it and all of them taste fantastic, capsicum is used in all Indian cuisine very commonly and all the versions are super tasty. I'll try and post all of them one by one.
4 medium-sized green peppers
4 medium-sized potatoes
2 tbsp paneer cut into small piece
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 large onion finely chopped
1 green chilli finely chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp raw mango powder
Salt to taste
1. Wash the green peppers well and pat dry with paper towel. Cut the top off about
1" from where the stem is attached. Remove all the seeds and pith and discard.
2. Wash the potatoes and pressure cook till 3-4 whistles . Peel, mash roughly and
keep aside for later use.
3. Heat 3 tbsps of cooking oil in a pan on medium flame, till hot. Add the cumin
seeds till crackle . Now add the green chillies and garlic and fry till the chillies
and the garlic turns light golden. Add the onion and fry till light golden in colour.
4. Now add all the powdered spices and fry for 1 minute. Add the mashed potato
and mix well to blend with all the spices. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add
cubed paneer in it .Turn off the fire, adjust salt and mix well.
5. Fill each green pepper to the top with the mashed potato mix. Press down and
top up to ensure they are well filled.
6. Heat the remaining cooking oil in a shallow pan on a low flame. When hot add the
peppers (standing up) and fry till soft.
Gently turn the peppers over onto their tops so that the potato can fry. Fry till
golden. Turn off fire.
7. You can bake peppers if you want to avoid frying , for that grease baking dish
lightly with oil and place peppers (standing up ) and topped them with grated
cheese. Bake it at 200 c till upper crust turn brown.
8. Serve hot