Sandwiches are all time favorite, as toast and sandwiches recipes are easy and quick to make. Especially good for morning hours when you are running short of time. You can also pack sandwiches for tiffin box or for a short picnic.
With this step by step recipe you can easily make this sandwich. Respite of taste this sandwich is full of health infect this protein rich sandwich is good for those who are calorie conscious and want to start day with healthy breakfast.
I usually make sandwiches for morning breakfast and for my daughters tiffin box,sandwiches are perfect for tiffins as it is easy to hold and less messy. My daughters love all type of sandwiches whether it is cheese , vegetable, paneer or simple aloo sandwiches, they just love it.
I always prefer to use whole wheat bread or brown bread or multi grain bread for making toasts & sandwiches, but honestly speaking the best taste comes with white bread. so there is always a temptation to use white bread knowing well that it is not healthy and made with all purpose flour/maida. But i choose health over taste, and so this sandwich is also made with whole wheat bread.
paneer sandwich recipe
Paneer and vegetables stuffed sandwich.
6 to 8 Whole Wheat Bread slices
4-5 tsps. Butter or ghee or fresh cream
4-5 tsps. sauce, mint chutney or tomato sauce or green chili chutney (optional)
3/4 tsp Mexican seasoning
1 cup cabbage shredded
250 gm cottage cheese (use a fresh one)
Salt to taste
2-3 Black pepper freshly crushed
How to proceed..
1. first prep everything before you start preparing the sandwiches. prepare the chutney. here i made coriander mint chutney, also slice the cabbage and paneer.
2. Remove the brown edges of the bread if you desire.
3. Heat 1 tsp butter, add shredded cabbage in it, sauté for few minutes add salt and pepper to it.
4. Cut square pieces of cottage cheese and sprinkle maxican seasoning on it.
5. Heat a griddle,brush oil on it. Grill paneer from both the sides.
6. Butter all the bread slices on one side and flip them to the other side and smear sauce or mint chutney.
7.Spread the cabbage at one side of slice and put paneer on it, place another slice on top, so that the
buttered side is out.