Another recipe in the series 'summer bites'. Tinda / round guard or Indian baby pumpkin whatever you say, taste wise I would give 10/10 to this vegetable if cooked properly with love and passion. I always recommend this vegetable as it easily creates a place in your party menu also. In my previous posts I had shared the recipe
A very interesting recipe, tinda's roasted in achari masalas and germ flour. It's very aromatic and tasty. The blend of different spices that is used to pickle it is called the achari masala and achari is a type of curry made in India by using a combination of these masalas. It gives a very aromatic flavor to a curry.
Besan ke Tinde / Round Gourd Roasted With Gram Flour
5-6 Tindas / Round gourd washed & chopped into quarter peices (Tinda's are generally round so cut them in 4 equal parts)
1 medium sized onion washed & finely chopped
1 table spoon ginger chopped
1/2 tsp Jeera
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3/4 tsp dry mango
3-4 tbsp gram flour
Oil 2 tbsp
Cilatro leaves for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a pan.Add jeera seeds, when the aroma comes, add the onion & saute
till they are golden brown.
2. Then add chopped ginger, chopped green chilli and fry for a minute.
3. Now add the tinda & add all the dry spices except mix well,cover the pan with a
lid and cook it till its a little soft.
4. Now add gram flour and roast it nicely by stirring it continuously or till Gram flour
will mix with spices and quoted well on tinda's .
5. At the end sprinkle amchoor powder and mix well. Garnish with green coriander
and serve hot with roti, parantha / Indian flat bread