Skip to main content

strawberry cream pudding

An essential part of a fabulous meal is pudding / desserts, a good dessert can turn an average meal into a memorable feast. During berry season it is so simple to make exotic puddings. 
When I got married to an Army Officer, throwing party was my biggest nightmare as every time I had to cook something different and perfect,as all other course mates wife's were excellent cooks and often I had heard stories of their awesome cooking from my husband as he use to visit them or you can say bother them very often ( bachelor attacks ) ;p My Waterloo was puddings, thank God my cooking has improved over the years other wise this blog would not exist.
My family has developed sweet tooth with my experiments and successful recipes specially my daughters ....they just love desserts and often refused to have puddings outside ......they just love homemade puddings. All credit goes to my seniors and off course my friends, they taught me how to make puddings from scratch. 
Lots of strawberries lying in fridge this week, during season I store lots of berries in my fridge ether in purée form or just frozen for later use, this time I am playing with lots of fresh strawberries from my backyard .
Strawberry cream is a very simple pudding just four ingredients and done easiest and simplest recipe ever. Enjoy !!!

STRAWBERRY CREAM PUDDING







INGREDIENTS:

CREAM
3 tablespoons cold water
2 tbsp unflavored gelatin
4 cups strawberries ( fresh / frozen )
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract / strawberry extract 
3/4 cup full fat whipping cream

TOPPING
1 cup strawberries, cut into 1/4-inch dice
4 teaspoons sugar
3-4 tsp water 


PREPARATION:

To prepare cream:

 Stir together water and gelatin in a small heatproof cup or bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on High until the gelatin has completely dissolved but the liquid is not boiling, 20 to 30 seconds. (Alternatively, bring 1/2 inch water to a gentle simmer in a small skillet. Set the bowl with the gelatin mixture in the simmering water until the gelatin has dissolved completely.) Stir the mixture until smooth.

Place strawberries, sugar and vanilla in a food processor and puree. Whip cream for 4-5 min. Or till peak formation. Add whip cream to purée, pulse to combine. With the motor running, slowly add the dissolved gelatin.

To prepare topping and serve: Toss diced strawberries and sugar in a small pan let stand until slightly juicy, about 2 minutes add water and cook for 2-3 min till sugar dissolve and turn creamy and saucy. 

Line glass bowl or wineglass with strawberry sauce by pouring a spoonful of sauce in it and tilt glass in circular motion so that it coated with strawberry sauce now  Pour the cream into it . Top it with saucy strawberries for decoration. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oats dosa with drumsticks sambhar

Oates Dosa

Health is wealth .....it is really important to be fit and healthy. I realised that, some change in lifestyle can help in maintaining a balanced diet. To apply it in daily routine...I have started a Diet food series.
There's nothing more inviting than hot South Indian breakfast: strong filter coffee, piping hot drumstick sambher with little bits of coconut, tasty coconut chutney gunpowder and golden-crisp Dosa! I love dosas and in fact I'm planning to make one today in breakfast. And it's not just because they taste divine but also because they're really fun to make: Right from grinding down the urad dal and rice, letting the white stuff ferment to running your ladle through the batter checking for lumps, it's almost therapeutic. After your pour the batter down a hot sizzling pan, even the wait to figure whether the dosa will stick or not is a delicious feeling....Dosa with healthy twist will make this delicious treat more interesting. My dietitian sugges…

Gur chana / jaggery coated roasted chickpeas

Very tasty, crunchy yet healthy snack for kids, full of protein . I often make this crunchy delight for munching. 
 Jaggery Coated roasted chickpeas 


Ingredients:

GURWALE SHALGAM ( SWEET AND TANGY TURNIPS) punjabi style

Turnips are called Shalgam in Punjabi/Hindi, Gonglu in Punjabi and Gogji in Kashmiri. They are mild in taste and absorb spices well. We love it in various forms. Shalgam is a winter vegetable and is a popular recipe from Punjabi cuisine. Shalgam (Turnip) belongs to the radish family. Shalgam ki sabzi is very good for health as it is very low in calories and fat, and a good source of fiber and several vitamins like Vitamin C, Vitamin B, VitaminB3, Vitamin B6. Gur is Hindi/Punjabi for jaggery.  This creamy version from Punjab is one of our favourites.
This recipe is from my mother in law's cook book , my mom In law was an excellent cook and being a panjabi, her excellency was panjabi cuisine. She was excellent at cooking all panjabi dishes like sarson ka saag, makkai ki roti, gur ke chawal  or any vegetable like turnip or kormas, . I have learnt almost all panjabi dishes from her and I really wanted to thank her for that , today whatever I make related to punjab reminds me of her . Lov…