120 gm powdered sugar
100 gm flour (all purpose flour/ maida)
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 Tbsp Hot water
(9" round or square tin, brown paper for lining)
1. Prepare a 9" round /square tin by lining it with paper. Grease the paper. Keep aside
2. Sieve maida and baking powder together and keep aside.
3. Separate egg whites in a clean dry beating bowl. Beat the eggs till fluffy.
4. Add sugar gradually, beating till all the sugar is used up and the mixture turn thick, fluffy and retain shape when beater is lifted . Add egg yolks and essence and beat well till thick and fluffy again
5. Sprinkle flour evenly over eggs in 2-3 batches. Fold in gently using a large spatula.
6. Gently fold in hot water. pour into a prepared tin . tap lightly and level. Put the cake tin on a wire rack in a preheated oven and bake at 180 degree for 30 min.
7. To check 5-10 min in the tin. Remove from tin on a wire rack and use.