Bell pepper and baby corn salad
Bell peppers contain folate and are a good source of vitamin A (from beta-carotene), vitamin B6 and vitaminC In adulthood, it is believed that bell peppers protect the body against rheumatoid arthiritis and may also prevent the development of cataracts.
Red peppers have the edge on green ones in terms of nutritional value, as they contain more folate, an impressive nine times more beta-carotene and lots of lycopene. Lycopene is an important carotenoid and plays a valuable role in later life, by protecting against cancer and heart disease.
Baby corn though not high in protein, is considered a healthy vegetable due to low carbs, high in fiber, good amount of vitamins a, c, iron and zero fat.
Combination of both gives a healthy bite.
Ingredients for Bell pepper and baby corn salad :
1 cup baby corn parboiled
1 cup red bell pepper roasted and sliced
1 cup yellow bell pepper roasted and sliced
1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 tsp sugar/ honey
Salt and black pepper as per taste
How to make :
1. Place all salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and sugar . Pour onto salad and toss again to well combine. Taste and add salt and pepper as you'd like.
3. Place in refrigerator. Serve chilled.
* you can add a little more crunch in this salad by adding roasted walnuts, peanuts or any other nuts of your choice
* Can add salad seasonings to give a tasty twist.