Skip to main content

Chickpea salad

My sincere apologies to all my readers and followers for a long silence. As I mentioned earlier also, in the army life is full of uncertainties....sudden change is part of our life .....with time we all get used to it and by taking it positively we really enjoy the upcoming challenges and leave everything to almighty ....with God grace this time we moved to city of joy (Kolkatta ) in West Bengal . Being a first time visitor I was very exited and enthusiastic ...New city,new culture , new cuisine and very positive people indeed, This city is full of joy and josh . 
Before I share my experiences of West Bengal  I wanted to share my healthy recipes as I promised earlier ....initially I was also in doubt ....to follow or not to follow the prescribed diet. As you all know that the Internet is loaded with diet plans and I have tried almost all of them...though I lost also few kg but gained it back in few months after I stopped or complete the plan .
I realised that diet food is very boring to accept in our daily life ....whatever diet plan I used to follow earlier was possible to follow only for few days ....so this time I thought I must learn the science behind this and I found it is basically poor metabolism, lack of exercise and eating habits ....in my case and it may differ from person to person. So to make it interesting I gave tasty twists to that boring diet plan and followed it religiously.  After few months of struggle I experienced the happiest moment of my life .....my size changed  from XXL to LARGE and all this happened because of my nutritionist ...she taught me how to maintain without starving ..
Today I will start with a new series of healthy salads. Vegetables in salads are good source of insoluble fibre which keeps your gut healthy . Good healthy Salad consists of fibre,protein and pack of antioxidants  Many salad basics, including tomatoes, sweet peppers and the greens, are chock-full of antioxidants. The greens alone have calcium, iron, potassium and B vitamins.

First in series is my favourite protein rich chickpea salad .


For CHICKPEA SALAD we require 

For the salad:
1 cup of chickpeas, soaked and boiled 
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 small red onion, chopped
15 small tomatoes, halved (about 1 cup)
1/3 cup pitted olives
1 medium cucumber, sliced and quartered

For the dressing:
1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Place all salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and oregano. Pour onto salad and toss again to well combine. Taste and add salt and pepper as you like.
3. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to marinate, or serve immediately. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oats dosa with drumsticks sambhar

Oates Dosa

Health is wealth .....it is really important to be fit and healthy. I realised that, some change in lifestyle can help in maintaining a balanced diet. To apply it in daily routine...I have started a Diet food series.
There's nothing more inviting than hot South Indian breakfast: strong filter coffee, piping hot drumstick sambher with little bits of coconut, tasty coconut chutney gunpowder and golden-crisp Dosa! I love dosas and in fact I'm planning to make one today in breakfast. And it's not just because they taste divine but also because they're really fun to make: Right from grinding down the urad dal and rice, letting the white stuff ferment to running your ladle through the batter checking for lumps, it's almost therapeutic. After your pour the batter down a hot sizzling pan, even the wait to figure whether the dosa will stick or not is a delicious feeling....Dosa with healthy twist will make this delicious treat more interesting. My dietitian sugges…

Gur chana / jaggery coated roasted chickpeas

Very tasty, crunchy yet healthy snack for kids, full of protein . I often make this crunchy delight for munching. 
 Jaggery Coated roasted chickpeas 


Ingredients:

Chena murki ( A Bengoli sweet ) / How To Make Chena Murki

Indian sweets are incomplete without Bengoli sweets . Sweets occupy an important place in the diet of Bengalis and at their social ceremonies. It is an ancient custom among both Hindu and Muslim Bengalis to distribute sweet during festivals.  The sweets of Bengal are generally made of sweetened cottage cheese (chena), unlike the use of khoa (reduced solidified milk) in Northern India. Some important sweets of Bengal are ... Shôndesh, roshogulla, chena ladoo, chum chum etc. etc.  Bangoli sweet preparations are not very difficult but little tricky just follow steps properly and you will get wonderful results. Chena murki is one of them , Chena murki is a Bengali sweet, which has coatings of sugar on it. Preparation of chena murki is very easy and less time taking. The ingredients that are the requirements of chena murki recipe are very basic and are mostly available at homes. The sweet is in the shape of cubes. Chena murki recipe is very simple and this sweet can be prepared easily by foll…