Tasty and Healthy upma
Its all about health!! There is a saying 'health is wealth' and health is all dependent on how you eat? what you eat?and when you eat? Generally people think that diet food is very bland and tasteless. This myth discourages them to indulge in diet plans. when i say myth I mean it ...yes!! diet food can be very delicious believe me and follow all my recipes ,,,,,little smart choices can convert your unhealthy food to a very delicious healthy food ...
Today i am sharing an ultimate breakfast recipe i.e Three grain vegetable upma in which i used quinoa, sooji and oats with lots of veggies... just try and let me know how you like it ..
1/2 cup semolina (sooji)
1/4 cup oats (roasted)
1/4 cup quinoa ( boiled)
1/2 inch ginger (finely chopped)
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1 green chili (finely chopped)
1 cup chopped vegetables of your choice
2 red chilli dry
1 tsp black mustard seed
1 tsp black gram
1 tsp Bengal gram
4-5 whole black pepper (crushed)
Few curry leaves
2 tsp ghee (clarified butter)
5_6 cashew nuts
Salt to taste
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
How to make low calorie upma:
• Heat a pan and dry roast the sooji on a low flame till a nice aroma comes out. Take out on a plate. Make sure the sooji does not get too brown.
• Note: You can keep the suji roasted in advance in an airtight container.
• roast oats in same pan for few minutes and keep aside.
• use pre boiled quinoa keep aside
• Now heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, add curry leaves and mustard seed. When the mustard seeds starts to crack add chana dal ,urad dal, crushed black pepper and green chili. Fry it for few minutes.
• Add onions and fry till it is translucent.
• Add ginger and saute for 2 min add some chopped vegetables like carrot, beans, peas,corn ,Bell peppers and cauliflower. Saute them with giner. then add salt and 3/4 cup of water to it and let the water boil.
• Then add sooji ,oats mixture gradually.
• Keep stirring it continously so that no lumps are formed.
• Add quinoa (boiled) in it
• Cover it for few seconds and let it cook till it starts to get pulpy.
• sprinkle some water if you find upma little dry .
• Turn off the heat and at last add lemon juice and mix it well.